Canadian Electronic Travel Authorization Program

Canadian Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA)

To make sure your visit to Canada goes as smoothly as possible, here is a change you should know about if you are traveling by air. It´s called ETA- stands for electronic travel authorization and it is a new entry requirement. Online casino bonus from the best gambling site.

You may need and ETA (Electronic Travel Authorization) before you board your flight to Canada.

Getting your ETA is a simple, inexpensive, online process, which takes just a few minutes to complete.

All you need is your passport, a credit card, email address and access to the Internet.

The process is completely safe and secure. You will enter basic personal information like your name, passport number, email address, answer a few simple questions and submit your application.

Exceptions include American citizens and visitors with a valid visa. It´s best to get your ETA before you book your flight to Canada. You may not be able to fly without it.

In most cases, the ETA will be granted within minutes of applying. Once approved, your ETA is valid for five years or until your passport expires, whichever comes first.

This means you can fly to Canada without reapplying so long as your ETA and passport remain valid.
To make sure that you can board your flight to Canada, you will need to travel with the passport you used to apply for your ETA as the ETA is electronically linked to it.

If in doubt, you can always check the status of your ETA on
To find out more, including who needs an ETA and who doesn´t, visit

See you in Canada!

Important Information

You are not eligible to apply for an eTA if you are a:

  • Canadian citizen, including a dual Canadian citizen – make sure to travel with a valid Canadian passport
  • Canadian permanent resident, or
  • U.S. citizen , meaning your passport is issued by the United States of America (but lawful permanent residents of the U.S. need an eTA if traveling by air). For the purpose of a visitor/tourist travel, U.S. citizens do not need an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) to visit Canada.